Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time in Pioneertown - where did it go?

So I found a book-marked blog site, and it was MINE! I had to laugh :) And then I saw that my first and last entry was a year ago.. Glad I'm not on Twitter - I'd be invisible. Not that I am so visible here either. So what did I write last year - I can probably just copy and paste? Nobody has died, some have been born.. no humans, but my heritage turkey breeding is slowly starting up. This thrills me to no end! I'm still (again) busy weeding. It comes with the territory.

We live in a place where a lot of people are older than we are, unlike when we lived in Malibu. I'm not excessively old, but people, friends and neighbors, have started dying. It doesn't feel right at all. I don't want to be in the older generation already. It was bad enough to lose my parents just a few years ago, and I became the elder in the family. On the up-side, I have two grand-children, and on the down-side - they live in Sweden.

Suppose it does not matter much how much we talk about aging. We have no real saying in the matter anyway.

My hiking partner got lost in other activities, so I need some kind of resolve so I can stay in shape. Sure, I ride my horses and I practice yoga, but it's not enough. I have tried the "get up and walk in the morning" thing, but not only do my animals object to me disappearing for an hour, I'm just not that sort of a person. I like impulsive living. And my morning coffee!

OK, let's quit while I'm ahead, and I'll see myself next year :)

No comments: