Saturday, April 30, 2011

The occasional me

Skirt. Bright lipstick. Long, flowery head scarf. A bear claw for lunch, with tea. Maybe (later) a bath in the claw-foot tub, glass of wine in hand.  Guess what - I'm alone for the weekend!  Normally I'm sort of understated... you know... jeans and a shirt, ball cap on top and off to the barn I go. Not today, not yesterday. Why is that?  

Well, anyway, the animals don't seem to care, and if they feel neglected, they can tell me at supper time. I mean, I DID feed, and all, but it was brief and professional, and then I was again off to being the other person, the one who is more flamboyant and a bit dreamy and not very practical. But it's fun.  I'd probably hate it if this was how I was supposed to look and act all the time, but for a couple of weekends a year, it's the other me, and I like it, her, me, whatever you call it.

I do wonder.. if anybody drives in here at the ranch... will I panic and run to change?  I hope not.

No picture, though.


.

No comments: