Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lettuce

In my perpetual search for fulfillment, nutritional and emotional, I'm sure, I set aside a spot in the garden for growing lettuce. Mixed lettuce, of the "designer" kind that you eat as little baby leaves. The kind that looks just like weeds.  See where I'm going?  My garden is not the weed free sort.  So this morning I was out there, pulling almost randomly at growing little things, putting some in my mouth and trying to figure if they should be eaten by me or the goats, or maybe not at all.  We have jimson weed here. They have some type of hallucinogen in them.  Maybe I'm just dreaming that I'm typing this.  In any case, maybe this New York style fancy garden experiment will come to an abrupt halt, and I'll just add some more squash. There's no mistaking a zucchini for a crab grass.

.

No comments: