Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March.

So-o-o, five months later I should be well healed and rested (if you read my last post) and ready for spring to arrive.  I'm waiting. Trust me, I am waiting. While I was waiting (and waiting!) I read a hundred books and lit a hundred fires, sighed a hundred times at the beauty of the snow on the mountains and a thousand times in impatience of the natural workings of nature and its schedule.  Sigh.  Checking the weather forecast for a week at the time and hoping for a trend..  Spoiled, we are, here in the desert. A day of forty degrees and sunshine is "too cold".  For lack of perfect weather I get back inside to read a cookbook from a hundred years back.  Did you know how to properly boil and serve a calf's head (without the skin, as is suggested)?  I do, now.

No comments: