Monday, August 15, 2011

Chillin'. Just chillin'

They say it's been a cool summer, but it's still a hot summer. After all, we are in the Mojave Desert, ya'know. In the mountains, but still...

(Speaking of COOL, I hope the video I just shared comes through nicely, and without ads or.. I don't know - I use Firefox + it's excellent ad block, so it's very rare for me to see ANY ads, ever.)

So I'm taking it easy, reading about cool things. Wishing I could be a kid again, and run through the sprinklers... but there are none here, and no lawns. Just large expanses of sand, with some bushes and a few trees here and there. And my own created paradise of grapevines, cottonwood trees, my veggie garden. A paradise I love.

Oh, and yesterday we planted my new little homestead style orchard: Apple, plum, fig, olive, pomegranate, peach; a couple-few of each tree. And blackberry and raspberry bushes. It will be a challenge to keep them all happy. It gets cold here, too. But I can't really remember that today!




.

No comments: