Monday, August 22, 2011

I had a bat.

It's sort of hard to explain, but it really did happen.

Sunday afternoon in my little "office" building. Chores mostly done, and coming in to cool down with a beer, a beer that was in a beer cozy, which is of importance to the story. (If the story is important at all.) Something was chattering at me, in a very small voice. Sort of sounded like my goats, but in a tiny voice. There was the little critter on the floor. Since my back was killing me, I sat down on the floor and sat my beer down right next to me and the critter. In one soft move, critter placed itself on beer cozy and it was a bat! It looked very decorative there, and the beer was now hijacked, so I left to get a camera, all the way out by the house. So then... I got roped into some orchard decisions, and got waylaid for a half hour or so.

Back into the office. No bat on beer cozy. Warm beer! Noo! Not warm beer!

Oh, and the bat? It was cute. It had soft brown fur, which I petted. It didn't bite, so I don't think we have rabies, the bat or I.

It happened, I swear. I wasn't drunk either. I mean, it was an almost new beer.

When I was little, I knew that little people lived in a hole in the floor under my bed. Only I could see them, because they were only my friends. This reminded me of that time in my life. It was, I suppose, unreal. But I did have a bat, for five minutes.

.

No comments: