Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celebrity

Recently, there was a small dinner party in the neighborhood. A super famous celebrity was introduced to me.  That was cool, and we were chatting for a while, about this and that, and the night wore on with good food and wine. I didn't really think of being star struck, though I probably should have been, since this person was all over the map about a hundred years back when I was a kid.

So, it surprised me a little when I thought of Mr.Celebrity today.  I might have been looking for recent happenings in my life to blog about, or I thought of this person and then thought I could blog about the dinner. Not sure.

In any case, I did the youtube thing, of course, and yes, there's Mr. Celebrity as young, and recent performances, too. Then I ended up listening to Nina Simone, and had a well rounded morning of associations and memories.

Now I am wondering how all this came about, and why I have followed the path of trying to tell the world that I had dinner with a super star. Is it because, maybe, I am thinking that a little of the glory would rub off on me?

And I wonder, even though it's weeks late: What do you say to Mr. Celebrity when you meet them?  I guess, in my case, the conversation was not going that way.  But if you are really famous, am I supposed to start out there, or do they get tired of that?

Well, in any case, the person was really nice, the wine was equally nice, and the barbecue, and there was a fennel casserole that was wonderful.   I don't have an answer to fame.

The picture is from my own kitchen, with eggplant parmesan cooking.


.

No comments: