Thursday, September 22, 2011

A legend is very much still here

Some birthdays are on our calendars or on our minds all year around, but this one I didn't see coming until I was stuck right in it.  And a good thing that was. Leonard Cohen celebrated 77 years old yesterday. He was very famous when I was young, and I still listen to a couple of his albums now and then.

I set out to find him on the internet.  Oh man oh man oh man, there are so many wonderful songs by him, and with him, out there! I just about didn't feed in the evening because I was re-living memories, and also discovering some songs I don't remember ever hearing.

There is one concert from London (in 2009, I think) that is just wonderful.  In his humble and touching and intimate way he gives away waltzes, prayers, lust and lament.

Happy Birthday to you, this year and many more!

.

No comments: