Sunday, October 9, 2011

And now it's walking season

I LOVE walking. Any kind of walking. Climbing steep trails, or walking on a beach. Even walking in a city can be fun - I used to walk around in Tijuana, Mexico, a lot, and found some interesting sights.

Today was the first real walk for the fall.  I had one hiking pole and one dog, which is one short of either, but it was fine since it was just a short practice hike, so to speak.

Well, in just over one short hour we (the dog and I) came home with a good sweat, memory of a beautiful hawk sighting, and - a bowl.  Yes, there was a bowl off the trail, and it wasn't even broken. Looks like it's been there for a while, as in a good number of years!

We have a lot of old junk here, so finding glass, tin cans and such is a given. But I have a bowl, and it's in one piece, and it's very pretty.

It does not take much to make me happy.



.




No comments: