Friday, October 14, 2011

Sewing. SEWING?

Somehow I'm getting more and more tangled up in this country living. I mean, I was always horsey and outdoors-ey and growing things in the ground, and I did know, somewhat,  how to sew when I was a kid and found stray clothing to sew to fit my emerging body.  But this is beyond that, now when I can go five miles to the thrift store and get a dozen garments in a "bag sale" for two dollars plus tax.

Maybe I'm tightening my belt. Maybe I'm reading a lot of Occupy Wall Street stuff.  I'd prefer to think that I'm just learning something new. Or, yeah, I'm being creative. This could be a big one as I'm not at all artsy-craftsy when it come to gluing fabric to pipe cleaners or similar art.

Some years back, maybe six or eight, or so, I must have felt either really rich or very adventurous, and I bought a brand new (gasp!) sewing machine.

It is, as of today, threaded, and I have sewn a straight line through a paper napkin.

Maybe something will come of it? Like an apron. That looks easy.

.

No comments: