Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goat love

This will be semi-adult-ish, unless you're a farm kid, in which case it all is so clear and normal.

My buck (billy goat) Chief has taken a real liking to one of his four wives. A real liking. She's black with blue eyes, and very striking.

All day he's been chasing her around the corral, and in and out of the little shelters. Finally she's now settled herself inside what's called a dogloo, a plastic igloo for dogs, but they are nicely indestructible for goat keeping.

So Fancy  stands inside of the dogloo, looking like a tortoise when her head sticks out. Chief keeps ramming the walls, thinking there will come a day when he breaks through.

A very basic interpretation of their conversation would be like this:

"But I don't want to do that right now. I will not come out. Maybe I'm expecting."

"That is not my problem. My problem is I want to do that right now. You come out."

And so on. In the picture she might be trying to cover her ear.


.

No comments: