Friday, November 25, 2011

The aftermath

Thanksgiving came and went, and it was good, and it didn't leave much in its wake. It took us most of the day to watch the turkey in the smoker, and a good portion of the night to eat it. A two-piece day, so to speak.

OK, there was some more to it:  Friends dropping by. Us dropping by at friends' places. Lots more food being prepared. A good holiday.

A funny thing in my memory was that I had decided to wish all the animals Happy Thanksgiving independently, but my mind was racing, so it took a long time from my morning route to do so. After the incubator with chicks-to-be, and the little turk-ling and baby chicks in the brooder AND the donkeys and so on... well, I had to make the decision just to chant the blessings and well-wishes. Which I did with the remaining twenty-something turks.

My newest horse got a special hug, just because she is such a love. And I almost prayed for family and friends, for their health and happiness.

This is the turkey and a whole salmon on our barbecue:

 There are left-overs. And, oh, we smelled of camp fire!


No comments: